We’d all love to look a little fresher. Once the years begin to wear on you, your skin can bear the brunt of your age. Fortunately, there are plenty of simple, safe, and often-affordable ways to improve the look of your skin, reverse even deep lines, and slow down the effects of ageing. Try these 6 tips today to instantly look younger.
- Get some professional help. While makeup fixes and tweaks to your diet can certainly do wonders for your skin, the most dramatic improvements will come when you visit a professional who’s trained to administer beauty treatments. If fine lines are getting you down, dermal fillers perth can quickly plump out the skin and leave you with a fresher, younger appearance. There are plenty of simple, non-invasive treatments that can give you quick results without major lifestyle changes.
- Put down the cigarettes. Smoking wreaks havoc on your health, and your skin is no exception to this rule. Smoking decreases the oxygen flow to your skin and restricts the delivery of important nutrients, leaving you looking wrinkled and older before your time. Simply quitting smoking can go a long way to preventing premature ageing, giving you a healthier glow and smoother skin.
- Stay out of the sun. While a nice tan may make you look healthy in the short-term, it’ll do major damage over the years. Excessive sun exposure can cause skin cancer, collagen damage, age spots, and premature wrinkles. Skip the sunbathing and opt for fake tan solutions like spray tans or lotions instead – just a few summers spent sitting safely in the shade will give you younger looking skin.
- Opt for powerful anti-ageing beauty products. While a decent moisturiser will certainly leave your skin feeling softer, it won’t do much in the long-term when it comes to combating the tell-tale signs of ageing. Choose clinically proven products that work hard to fight wrinkles instead of standard drugstore moisturisers. Retinoids, skin products derived from vitamin A, have been shown to work well, although they do come with some side effects. AHA products can also do the job – but make sure you speak with your doctor or dermatologist before trying something new.
- Have a lie-in. Regular restless nights can cause major problems with your health, and the results might show in your face. Lack of sleep makes it more difficult for your skin to heal from damage, and leaves you looking exhausted and older than your years. Practice good sleep hygiene to keep yourself looking and feeling fresh, and speak to your doctor if sleep is causing you persistent problems.
- Don’t neglect your hands. While it’s natural to focus on your face when considering your beauty concerns, your hands tend to show the effects of ageing faster than the rest of your body due to the thin skin on the upper side of your hand. You can’t cover up the age of your hands with makeup, either. Care for the skin on your hands by applying a rich moisturising hand cream after every wash, and regularly throughout the day. Opt for a moisturiser with SPF protection included in the ingredients to protect yourself from sun damage, and don’t forget to reapply if you’re in the sun.